Safety Information for Visitors
We hope that your visit will be enjoyable, informative and safe.
Please help us by reading and complying with the guidance below, which is intended to ensure your health and safety whilst at The Knights Templar School. If you have any questions after reading this, please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff to help you.
All visitors and contractors coming in to the school must report to Reception.
Please sign in using our electronic visitor system (clear instructions on how to do this will appear on the screen). A photograph of your face will be taken and a visitor ID generated. Please wear the visitor lanyard provided and make sure your ID sticker is clearly visible to staff and students.
If you are working unsupervised with students, the school receptionist will ask you to produce your DBS certificate or details thereof, together with proof of identification, i.e. passport or driving licence. Without this you may not be granted access.
You must sign in on each occasion you visit the school.
Please log out of our visitor system at the end of your visit and return the visitor lanyard.
Visitors are prohibited from taking photographs whilst on the school site.
Fire & Evacuation
- Your host will explain what to do in the case of emergencies and fire alarms.
- The alarm is a continuous bell. You must leave the building by the nearest exit.
- Stay with your host as they will escort you to the assembly point and ensure that you are recorded present by the administration staff.
- The assembly point is in the playground by Weston Way.
- Do not take any personal risks.
- You must not re-enter the building until told it is safe to do so.
If you need first aid or feel unwell please telephone Reception.
Health & Safety
Contractors must ensure that they are fully conversant with the safety rules and regulations to be observed by contractors working on site.
As a visitor to our school it is essential that you follow any health and safety guidelines that may apply. By doing so, you will assist us in meeting the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
The Knights Templar School operates a no smoking policy. Please do not smoke anywhere on the school site.
Safeguarding Guidance for Visitors to the School
Adults visiting or working on the school site play an important part in the life of the school. You can play a part in keeping students safe whilst working at, or visiting, the school by observing the following guidelines:
- Do not initiate verbal or physical contact with students unless it is appropriate and a part of the agreed reason for your visit.
- Do not give any personal information to students, such as your mobile number or address. Do not provide students with your personal email address, and only provide your professional work email if it is necessary as part of the reason for your visit.
- Do not give students details of your personal social network accounts or engage in any communication with students using social networking sites.
- If you have any concerns that a student may be at risk of harm, report it immediately to the senior designated person (Katie Curtis) who can be contacted via Reception. Do not discuss your concerns with the student, and do not carry out an investigation.
- If a student makes a disclosure to you, do not promise confidentiality. Explain that you will need to talk to someone else. Inform the designated senior person (Katie Curtis) of your concerns immediately.
For further guidance, the school’s child protection policy can be found on the school website under the ‘policies’ tab.
Thank you for helping to keep The Knights Templar School safe.