School trustees are essential in the effective running of a school. Trustees provide strategic leadership and accountability for the school. Their three key functions are:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students;
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
Further information about the role of a school trustee can be found on the National Governance Association website.
Our School's Trustees
Trustees are elected or co-opted for a four year term. The chair, vice-chair and chairs of committees are elected by the trustees, from amongst their membership, annually.
|Role||Term of Office|
|Chair||Mrs S Welch|
|Vice Chair||Mrs P Poole|
|Acting Headteacher||Mr A Sills|
(elected by parents and carers)
|Ms B Morris||November 2019-23|
|Mr D Summer||November 2019-23|
|Community Trustees||Mr D Wardrop||December 2017-21|
|Mrs P Poole||December 2013-21|
|Mrs S Welch||August 2008-24|
|Ms H Moore||November 2020-24|
|Mrs J Millett||March 2021-25|
|Mr M Lynam||July 2021-25|
|Ex-Officio Trustees||Mr A Sills
|Associate Member||Mr P Barnett|
|Clerk||Mrs E Battarbee|
Committees of the Governing Board
The trust has three committees. These are:
- Finance & Strategy - Chaired by Mrs S Welch
- Teaching, Learning & Students - Chaired by Mr D Wardrop
- Curriculum, Assessment & Achievement - Chaired by Ms B Morris
Schools Financial Benchmarking
You can view the school's financial data via the Schools Financial Benchmarking service on the Department for Education website. You can also use this site to compare our financial data with similar establishments in England.
Financial statements for the school can be viewed by clicking on the links below: